Thursday, May 3, 2012

For 2: Cumin Chopped Salad

When it gets hot out I like to eat a HUGE salad for dinner because it makes me feel like I will look good in a bikini since it is a healthy choice and it keeps the AC bill down since I don't have to turn the oven on.  If I put LOTS of toppings on it read between the lines - meat the hubs will jump on board with salad for dinner.  Here was our first salad of Summer 2012, ok I know its not quite summer yet, but it was 88 degrees...
This one had mixed baby greens, 1/2 a pint of cherry tomatoes (halved), 1/2 can of black beans (drained and rinsed), 1/2 can of kernel corn (drained and rinsed), some chopped cilantro and about 18-20 shrimp that were sauteed in butter and cumin (the pic is my half and not pictured is the hubs  half).  The dressing was the juice of 2 limes, about 4 tblsps of extra virgin olive oil, a dash of salt, pepper, cumin and paprika and about 2 tblsps of red wine vinegar put in a mason jar with the lid on, shaken, not stirred, then poured over the top - SO Easy and SO Good!  Oh and the beverage it totally goes because it is a Heineken LIGHT so the LIGHT part makes it healthy....at least that is what I told myself...

Have you made any good entree salads lately?  What was in them?  Do you like to make your own dressing or use the bottled kind?
Sincerely Loving Food,
Lainey

No comments:

Post a Comment