Wednesday, January 19, 2011

For 2: Braciola

I found a recipe for Braciola (yeah, I don’t know how to pronounce that either) in the Everyday Italian Cookbook by Giada de Laurentis. And OMG it is delicious; I mean steak stuffed with breadcrumbs, herbs and cheese cooked in tomato sauce. Hello, what is bad about that? Here is a link to the recipe on food network’s website and it is exactly like the one in the book. The only thing I did different was I used a large rib-eye steak that had been hanging out in my freezer for awhile and flattened it out with my rolling pin. Because of that I used about half the amount of all of the other ingredients and only cooked it for about 30 minutes. Make this, it is awesome! I served it over pasta with sauteed mushrooms and the FH said it was one of the best things he had ever eaten.  Granted he maybe blowing smoke, but I promise you the man in your life will love this dish. It looks super special, but it really isn’t that hard, makes a great impression! I am putting my pictures below. Enjoy!
Sincerely Loving Food,
Lainey

Imagine a steak rolled out on a cutting board, sprikled with bread crumbs, minced garlic, pecorino romano, provolone and parsley.  Then imagine it being rolled up and tied with butcher's twine.  Then see the beauty you imagined, in a cast iron skillet being browned:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the meat is browned on all sides, pour on the wine to deglaze the pan and then stir in the marinara sauce.  You can make your own or use the jar, either is perfectly acceptable!  Then cover that skillet with foil and stick it in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, let all the flavors mingle!

Sautee some mushrooms in a little olive oil and boil some pasta:
 Put the mushrooms over the pasta in a totally haphazard manner:

Slice the Braciola cross wise and place it on top of the pasta with lots of the sauce and loads of parmesan cheese, yum...yum...

3 comments:

  1. OMG - this.looks.fantastic! What mushrooms did you use? They look fancier than just button mushrooms. I'm definitely making this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used baby bella (sometimes called cremini) mushrooms. I always use them instead of button. I think they have ALOT more flavor!

    ReplyDelete