Thursday, January 6, 2011

For 2: Pork and Shrimp Stir Fry

First of all sorry for my absence; I traveled over New Years. But, I can’t wait to start blogging again! I have some posts to put up of recipes I made over the last couple of weeks and then I will be posting some “New Year’s Resolution Recipes” aka – healthy food!

I absolutely LOVE stir fry. Sometimes I think I could eat Chinese food every day! The other week I really had the craving for a fried rice dish and I knew at home in the fridge I had one boneless pork chop and a handful of frozen shrimp. This got me to thinking; I bet I could make a shrimp and pork friend rice dish and only include my favorite vegetables: mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, broccoli and peas. Thanks to this awesome sauce I found:











the dish was a huge success and the FH and I had fun making it together (he made the rice and I made the stir fry). I really encourage you to try this on your own and really change it up to your tastes, use whatever meats and veggies you like!
Sincerely Loving Food,
Lainey














Pork and Shrimp Stir Fry
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Butter
1 Boneless Pork Chop trimmed of fat
6-8 Shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ C each chopped broccoli and peas (can use frozen/thawed)
½ can each water chestnuts and bamboo shoots (throw the leftovers in a zip top bag and freeze till next time)
½ pint of mushrooms, quartered (whatever kind you like)
1C or so cooked rice
1 egg
Splash of soy or teriyaki sauce
Garlic clove
1/3 C Stir Fry Sauce (House of Tsang recommended)

For the stir fry:
Thinly slice the pork into strips and place in a small bowl, sprinkle with garlic and a splash of soy or teriyaki. In another small bowl marinate the shrimp the same way and set aside. In a good sized skillet heat 1 tbsp each sesame oil and olive oil over medium high, add the pork and sauté until it is cooked through and set aside on a plate. Return the pan to the heat and add the water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and mushrooms, cook for about 5 minutes or until tender. Push veggies to one side of the pan, add the shrimp to the vacant side and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done. Add the pork and all its juices back to the pan along with the peas and mix well. Pour in the stir fry sauce, give it a stir, reduce heat to low and let it all warm through.










For the rice:
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high with 1 tbsp each Sesame oil and butter. Scramble one egg in the pan until done, add rice, sprinkle with a little soy sauce (if desired), and crank up heat to high. “Fry” rice to desired crispiness.  You can also use steamed rice if you are into an healthier option...

Serve stir fry over rice – ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment