Monday, November 28, 2011

The let down...

I don't know about you, but I always feel this "let down" after a holiday.  Not that anything is wrong, but the excitement is gone and so is that jovial feeling that I had just a few days before.  Well not this year, I am not falling for that Thanksgiving let down.  How did I avoid it you ask....well I got a puppy and he is ADORABLE!  Please meet Ralph!

This week we will be training and cleaning up messes, hooray ;)  It may not be all fun and games, but it is for sure a way to beat the holiday let down.  I mean how can you frown looking at that little face?

Since we will be playing with this little guy so much I am keeping my menus simple this week.  Tonight I am trying a quick salmon recipe (if successful I hope to share with you), and then we will do some take out and this crock pot chicken and dumplings.   Which if you like chicken and dumplings (or even if you don't), you have to give this a whirl.  Last time when I made it I stirred in some peas and a handful of fresh spinach at the end: so delicious, so easy, so comforting.  Try it I dare you!

Sincerely Loving Food,
Lainey

1 comment: