Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stolen Recipe Success: Pioneer Woman Short Ribs

I have finally accepted the fact that I am just not good at taking photos of food.  I love cooking and writing this blog, but taking pictures of the finished product is my least favorite part of the whole process.  I try to set up the scene and snap an appetizing photo, but usually it is dark and the colors aren't quite right and the food doesn't look appetizing.  Not to mention, I am hungry and wanting to eat, which doesn't help.  I don't want to go out and buy a new fancy camera; I don't have time to take a photography class, and the chances of me getting home and getting dinner on the table while there is still "natural light" to help my photos is about as likely as a new Nikon magically sitting on my front porch today when I get home.  So, I hope you all believe me when I say, "I'm sorry that my pictures suck, but I swear to you the food tastes good!"  Which is the most important part, right? 

I said all that to say, SHORT RIBS WITH WINE AND CREAM ARE AMAZING!!!  Did you catch that?  This recipe from The Pioneer Woman totally "made my skirt fly up."  These little ribs are like individual pot roasts on a stick, aka bone.  The meat is tender and juicy and savory and comforting and everything you can ever imagine in the best pot roast you can think of, but it is individually portioned.  I just love them.  Click on over, check out her step by step instructions and MAKE  THESE SHORT RIBS!  They were our Sunday dinner and all afternoon long the house smelled so good from them cooking low and slow and then when we sat down at the table we didn't say a word to each other because we were shoveling food in our mouths enjoying them so much. 

Oh, and the point of all of this, the photo of the ribs...mine is not so good (but my towel is cute):
and Pioneer Woman's is awesome
So there you go, my photos might stink, but I can cook...
Sincerely Loving Food,
Lainey

1 comment:

  1. looks so good! will definitely be making when i get back from Christmas!

    ReplyDelete