Monday, October 1, 2012

Easy, delicious, gasp - Healthy - Chicken Salad

I took this chicken salad, smooshed between 2 slices of bread with a piece of provolone, (times 5 cut into triangles) to my tennis match yesterday and no less than 5 people asked me for the recipe so I figured you all might like to give it a whirl as well.  This is a great version of chicken salad to make for a picnic, tailgate, any outdoor party because there is no mayo, which also makes it more waist line friendly :)   I used roasted red peppers and sun dried tomatoes from a jar because I always have them in my pantry or fridge; they are great ingredients to keep on hand as they both add a whole lot of flavor to any dish while keeping the calories low. 
Sincerely Loving Food,
Lainey

Italian Chicken Salad
1 can cooked chicken or appx 1 cup chopped chicken (use leftovers from anything you have)
1 Roasted Red Pepper, diced (should yield about half a cup)
1/4 C julianne sun dried tomatoes
2-3 green onions chopped
2 tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper

Mix chicken, roasted red pepper and sun dried tomatoes together in a bowl.  Separately whisk together oil and vinegar until they come together (or be like me and stir in in a measuring cup with a fork).  Add dashes of salt and pepper, mix again, then pour over chicken mixture.  If you have time cover and refrigerate for about an hour, or if not immediately put on a sandwich or serve with crackers as a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment