Thursday, January 3, 2013

13 in 2013

You know what I say?  Forget resolutions, you never keep them anyway and personally, I am always trying to loose some where between 5 and 35 pounds so let's just sweep all that new year new me stuff under the rug.  What I am into though is goals, especially when those goals are fun!  The Mister and I decided to come up with a list of 13 dates in 2013 - so these goals include entertainment, sports, restaurants and drinking - my kind of goals.  We are up to 7 items...I didn't know coming up with 13 would be so hard.  So please comment with anything you think we should add to our list.  We are trying to do things that are a little different, or we haven't done before...I am so excited!
13 in 2013 for the 3 of us!
1. Plan a trip to Chicago for our 30th birthdays.  Yes, birthdays plural.  Ryan is 16 days older than me, haha old man, and this year we turn 30...so this isn't exactly a date, more of a weekend get away, but we listed it as it is the top priority for this year.  I would love to hear of any specific suggestions of things to do in Chicago.
2. I can't believe I/we have never done this, but apparently it is an Atlanta tradition: getting dressed up, drinking over priced drinks and watching a semi-educational movie on a GIANT screen: Martinis and IMAX at Fernbank Museum
3. It might be high schoolish, but we are looking forward to a night of fun and games at Dave and Busters
4. Thanks to my awesome sister for her awesome Christmas gift we will be having dinner at Local 3
5. I love gardening, and I have done this with friends but not the hubs, this was my addition to the list: Cocktails in the Garden @ the Atlanta Botanical Garden
6. A movie and drinks at Movie Tavern whatever movie we want when a good one comes out...
7. Braves Opening Day, yes we have done this before, but this year w e are going for the good seats!

So 7 down 6 to go!  This is going to be a fun year!

Sincerely Loving Food,
Lainey

4 comments:

  1. have you guys thought about taking a day trip to Serenbe? it's on my atlanta to do list and (from what i can see of it..) i think you'd like it too!

    http://www.serenbe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serenbe is great! It is also nice for a romantic overnight stay.

    How about a trip to San Diego?? Late summer is a perfect time to enjoy west coast beaches!

    Or maybe a trip to the Biltmore and wineries in Asheville, a weekend camping trip in the mountains, a show (or movie) at the Fox, a class of some sort (sushi making perhaps?), pottery/art making, experiencing ethnic cuisine - ethiopian, chinese hot pot, korean bbq...Ok, that's all I've got for now. Good luck and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Hah I was typing and Crystal stole a few of mine =) Here are my suggestions...Bed and Breakfast somewhere in town (or Savannah, Charleston...somewhere close)? Hiking/camping/fly fishing? Cooking class and make something different you wouldn't normally cook? Paintball/laser tag? Go-carting/mini-golf? Volunteer? Laser Show/Stone Mountain (Ooh go to the civil war museum like the elementary school trips!)? Batting cages/driving range/shooting range/skeet shooting? These might not be your cup of tea (oooh go somewhere for high-tea?) but all things I'd like to try =) Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! i have several chicago ideas for you-one of my best friends is there. we can chat at a later date. love those atl ideas-mine is to go to the n ga mountains. i have yet to go up there in the 10 years i’ve been here and try out the wineries.

    ReplyDelete