Thursday, April 29, 2010

Leftovers: Breakfast Steak Quesdilla

With a very busy day ahead and  no idea when I was going to be able to eat lunch, this morning I decided to make a very substancial breakfast so lunch wouldn't be such a pressing issue.  I had a little less than half of my steak left from Sunday and obviously tortillas, ding ding - Breakfast Quesdilla round two!  It was simple and now 3 hours later I am still quite full.

Breakfast Steak Quesdilla:
Steak (left over from Steak, Potatoes, Veggies)
Tortilla, 1 roma tomato (diced), 2 eggs, grated cheese (leftover from Breakfast Burritos)

I thinly sliced my steak and microwaved it for about 20 seconds to get warm, and scrambled 2 eggs until just under done.  Placed a tortilla on my preheated grill pan and layered cheese, steak, eggs, tomato and more cheese folded the tortilla over let cook for about 3 minutes and then flipped and let cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese was melted.  I wrapped it in alumnum foil threw it in my purse and when I got to work I had the perfect breakfast!  As I have said before, put any leftovers in a tortilla with some scrambled eggs and most likely you have a home run breakfast.  On a weekend I would have added onions or peppers or some more ingredients, but for a week day in a hurry breakfast...perfectly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment