Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kitchen Part 1

Hooray!  I found my camera cord!  I am sure you were all holding your breath, biting your nails, and at the edge of your seat to see the pictures of my kitchen.  Ok, maybe that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but here we go anyway.  I am going to start with the area over the kitchen cabinets.  Here is what it was like the day we closed:
Please note cabinet doors all the way across the top and one little peek-a-boo cubby to the far left.  Additionally the middle section over the sink has a piece of wood about two inches wide down the middle of it. 
Presto Chango - Cabinet Doors removed, wood piece removed (I got my aggression out with a hammer) back panel sanded with my new little palm sander and enter Mom to paint! Thanks Mom!
Painting Complete!  We used a flat black enamel paint for the back panel so everything we put up there would POP!  Note - black enamel paint does not come off of skin very easily...

Begin to decorate.  Anchor the corner with a big white pitcher.  I am a not exactly tall so we decided the top shelf would be used for decoration, the middle shelf, just within my reach for every day dishes and the bottom shelf for dish clothes, a little memo board, the french press and wine.

Finished product!  I love the way my white dishes stand out against the black back ground and it is so nice to have them within easy reach, not hidden behind doors.  A huge THANKS is due to my Mom, she was basically my guidance counselor throughout this whole process and a muse!

Coming tomorrow - adding a corner cabinet beside the stove!
Sincerely Loving Food and my new kitchen,
Lainey

1 comment: