Thursday, September 1, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

My beloved Yellow Jackets kick off the season tonight, my beloved husband and I are moving into our house tomorrow, and I was like a kid on Christmas morning today; so excited I literally woke up at 3am and could not go back to sleep.  Just in case you are as pumped as I am about football season and the food that goes along with it, I thought I would throw out some tailgating menu ideas (linked to recipes) to get your little hamster wheel in your head spinning about all the delicious goodness that comes with football!  Football, what a great reason to eat unhealthy and drink beer!

For a noon game: Grits-and-Greens Breakfast Bake or Breakfast Burritos or Potato and Sausage Breakfast Casserole with the Easiest Fruit Dip Ever

For an afternoon game: A big Turkey Sandwich or a Ham Hawaiian Sandwich with Redneck Caviar

For a late game:  Pulled pork Sandwiches with twice baked potatoes (or potato chips) or Frito Pie (my personal fave)


For dessert : Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Click here for all of my tailgating recipes.
I can't wait to get to campus today, play some corn hole (bean bag game) have a cocktail, eat a hot dog and prepare to cheer on the jackets. What are your favorite tailgate foods and activities?
Sincerely Loving Food & Football,
Lainey

No comments:

Post a Comment