Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Garden Results: First Crop

We got home yesterday from a little visit to FL for the hubs birthday, he is from the Sunshine State, and when I went out back to check the garden I was so happy with what I saw.  I grabbed my pruning shears and harvested all of this:
Obviously we didn't grow the can of non stick spray...I just sat it there so you could would appreciate how freaking huge that zucchini is! The bell pepper is a little under sized, but I think that is due to the zucchini plant keeping the pepper from getting enough sun...I am going to move it tonight.  The crocked neck squash is just perfect.  We are going to eat at least 2 of these things tonight...I will be sure to let you know how I prepared it.  My tomatoes are close, but they weren't quite red enough to be cut off the vine, hopefully within the next week or two...finally garden results, not just progess updates - HOORAY!
Sincerely Loving Food,
Lainey

No comments:

Post a Comment