Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Appetizer for 2: Bruschetta

Last week the boyfriend and I were making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I knew that it would be a little time consuming so I made us a little appetizer of bruschetta to tie us over while the meatballs were resting (recipe for those to come later). I am so bummed I don’t have the picture to share with you; hopefully my camera will be found soon and I will add the pic…until then you will just have to imagine the crusty bread, ripe tomatoes, and garlic flavor or you could just make it for yourself…


Bruschetta:
1 small bagette, sliced thinly on an angle
2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
5 calamatta olives, sliced
1 tbl garlic infused olive oil
4 basil leaves, chiffonade
Salt and pepper (to taste)
2 tbl grated parm cheese

In a small bowl stir together the tomatoes, olives, olive oil, salt, pepper and half the basil. As a side note to chiffonade basil stack leaves into a neat pile and roll them lengthwise like a cigar, the use your sharpest knife to slice across. Refrigerate mixture for about 10 minutes for flavors to mix. Toast the bread until slightly crunchy, top with the tomato mixture, the second half of the basil and cheese.

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did…actually delaying the spaghetti preparation for 1 hour more than necessary so we could eat more bruschetta…

No comments:

Post a Comment