Friday, August 13, 2010

For a Crowd: Hashbrown Casserole

Breakfast club is one of the many reasons I love my job. A group of nine people in my office take turns brining in breakfast on Fridays; it ranges from bagels to McDonald’s sausage biscuits to home made French toast. It is such a great way to kick off the weekend! Except for the fact we have to work 8 more hours, but I digress…This morning it was my turn to bring breakfast. I did two simple things: scrambled eggs and microwave bacon and then made a hashbrown casserole to jazz it up. The casserole is super easy, and I know if my friends at Big Girls Small Kitchen are reading this they are gasping at the can of condensed soup in the recipe, but what can I say this is the south and that’s just the way we do it down here! The best part about this and any casserole is you can mix it up and refrigerate it over night so the next morning all you have to do is pull it out and bake it for an easy breakfast! Try it out this weekend, easy and tasty: it doesn’t get any better than that!
Happy Weekend,
Lainey













 Hashbrown Casserole
1 lb Bag Hashbrowns
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup (you can also use cream of chicken or celery)
1 Onion, diced about a cup
1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 C Sour Cream
1 stick of butter thinly sliced
Generous seasoning of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything together in a large bowl. Pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake for an hour and a half.

1 comment:

  1. Having a Thanksgiving Brunch tomorrow and I had to check out your blog knowin you'd have something I would want to make.....here it is!!

    ReplyDelete