Monday, August 16, 2010

I LOVE FOOD!

So this weekend the bf and I went to a wedding. The ceremony was beautiful, the bride was gorgeous, the band was tons of fun and the food was ah-maaazzz-ing! During cocktail hour hot appetizers were passed: mini twice baked potatoes and BBQ pulled pork sandwiches! Talk about a great start. Then for dinner you could choose from 3 stations, or let’s be honest you could choose to visit all 3 stations. Crab cakes with mustard aioli and coleslaw, filet of beef with truffled mashed potatoes and green beans, and chicken Florentine with grilled zucchini, onions, asparagus and squash and a delicious pasta! Then there was dessert, obviously wedding cake was present but also these mini crème brueles. TO DIE FOR! I think I ate 3 of them…sorry if you were there and didn’t get one, it was my fault…Basically as far as weddings go this was one of the best menus ever.


Oh and the best part, on top of the menu was this quote:
“There is no love more sincere than the love of food”
-George Bernard Shaw
This really sums up how I feel, hence the name of this blog. I love food in a crazy sincere way. I love to make food. I love to learn about food. I love to watch food shows. Most important: I love to eat good food. And now I love this quote!

If you are married, what was on the menu at your wedding? Or what do you dream of being on the menu at your wedding if you haven’t crossed that bridge yet? Have you ever been to a wedding with awesome food? What was it? How would you describe your love for food?

2 comments:

  1. I have to comment and agree! Food at this wedding was fantastic and yes, Lainey, this quote TOTALLY reminded me of you! It was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty amazing menu. I think the best wedding food I have had was at Erin and Jim's wedding, and I thought the food at Nate and Charlottes was good too. Not sure what I would want on mine...

    ReplyDelete