Monday, August 8, 2011

For 2: Steak Cobb Salad

I am a huge fan of the Cobb Salad, mainly because of 3 things: avocado, blue cheese and protein!  I think the combinations are endless, you can use any type of cheese, protein, veggies you like.  For me the avocado and meat are the must haves and I love to change it up with different ingredients.  A few nights ago I put together a version of the Cobb using filet mignon, avocado, boiled egg, tomato, and blue cheese crumbles over a bed of baby field greens.   
For the dressing I used Asiago and Cracked Peppercorn from Cindy’s Kitchen which was to die for. I found it at Whole Foods.
Granted, it wasn’t the lightest /healthiest dressing I have ever used, but it was so good.  The creamy cheesiness of the dressing went so well with the steak.  I am convinced I will love anything with steak, cheese and avocados, and this salad is no exception.  What are you favorite salad toppers?
Sincerely Loving Food,
Lainey
PS - Crystal thanks again for the Omaha Steak wedding gift - this was the last of the meat and I was sad to see it go...

Steak Cobb
1 tomato, diced
2 eggs, hard boiled
1 avocado
2 filet mignons, cooked to your liking
Blue cheese crumbles
4 cups, field greens or lettuce
3 tbsp Cindy’s Kitchen Asiago and Cracked Peppercorn Dressing

In a large bowl toss the salad greens and dressing together until combined and separate into 2 serving bowls.  Top the lettuce in each bowl with diced tomatoes, 1 sliced egg, half of the slice avocado and sliced steak, then sprinkle with blue cheese to your liking.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment